History of the Hall
Building of the Moor Pool Estate was begun in 1907 and the Moor Pool Hall itself was completed in 1910. Initially a community institute was run from two of the early houses in Moor Pool Avenue which were temporarily linked together.
Community facilities were always a fundamental element in the design of the Estate and as well as the institute, the nearby Moor Pool tennis courts and adjacent bowling green were built. When the Hall was built at the Circle at the heart of the Estate it was alongside the Estate Office with reading room and library, snooker club above and nearby the community shops.
The current lower hall was originally the gymnasium.